Upper back pain from spine to chest. X ray showed shadows on right side. Enlarged right lung. Asthma history. Advice?

Hi, I have upper back pain , probably at the back of my lungs. It wakes me up at night and is excruciating as if I m being skewered all the way from my spine to my chest . I had an X-ray done some time back and the results show hilar shadows on my right side. Because I am asthmatic I often follow up with a pulmonologist , and during my last visit he mentioned that my lungs seemed a bit enlarged on the right side. I am seeing a spine specialist in a couple of days, but I am worried I may not be on the right track and that it is my lungs I should be investigating. Many thanks, Fa (46 years old)
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012