Upper back and stomach pain between rib and navel with severe constipation. Lead a healthy lifestyle. Could this be a virus?

Good Evening doctor I started having lower and upper back pains and stomach pains between ribs and navel three days ago. Also constipated around same time...very unusual because 1) i m a vegetarian 2) i have never had any problems eliminating without straining every morning. I ve notice that the pain goes away in the morning but if i eat, the pain comes with a vengeance within 10-15 minutes lasting easily through the night without respite. I have no fever and there is no nausea . I ve tried a mild laxative this morning at 8:00am but so far no results (6pm). I haven t eaten today and so far just very nominal pain in my lower back. I m completely flummoxed by this. I m a healthy 57 year old, retired, that incorporated much walking in his exercise routine. Does this resemble some virus? thank you
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern this is not the virus infection but this could be acid reflex disease if I would be your doctor then I would treat you with the following medicines,
1) Tab Omeprazole 40mg once in day for three weeks
2) Tab Domeperidone 30 mg once in day for three weeks
3) Tab Chlorodiazepoxide one tab three times in day
for the constipation drink more water have fibber containing diet, keep your stress level very low, hope this information helps you have nice day.