Upper back and rear rib area sensitive on inhaling deeply. Undergoing rigorous exercise for weight loss. Remedy?

Hi,i am relative aerobically fit.42mother of7year old, active. On renewing my gym sub I got a weight rogramme I id cst nd biceps comfortably on Wednesday. Thursday I id suspension training,in bed Friday Night on right side og upper bacg and Saturday under rear rib area its sensitive when i Inhale deeply or yawn, Now Saturday I did 1000m pool swim fine then I iced the area Saturday night, I wat to loose 10pounds for Christmas what will I do??? Yours in sport Sinead
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Respected Ma'm
1. The pain which comes on yawning and deep breathing and which also comes on touching locally is a local muscle or soft tissue injury related pain. You definitely need to give rest to this part. Application of a moist heat (towel wet with warm water) will help. If the pain persist consult your physician for medication.
2. Mostly this happens when you subject your untrained muscles to excessive work. So always try to build up your work load gradually. Hope you will succeed in your aim.
Sukhvinder Singh