Upper GI endoscopy suggested for aspiration of food. What does it mean?

I had this test done yesterday and the Radiologist said I was swallowing into my lungs and she was contacting my doctor immediately. I didn t feel like I swallowed into my lungs...I spoke with my dr s office today and they said I aspirated and they could not conclude the test. I don t recall aspirating. I am very confused as to what happened and now I am scheduled for the Upper GI Scope tomorrow. What does this mean?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Aspiration means entry of your vomit contents into your lungs. However, you wont notice it because it is Microaspiration. Endoscopy will be done to see what changes are there in your eating pipe & why you are aspirating.