Unusual periods, started with heavy flow, stopped the other day, had severe cramping, have cluster cysts on ovaries. What could this be?

Hi, I m a 39 year old woman and mother of two adult children. I have unpredictable menstral cycles, some are somewhat normal with length of time and the usual symptoms and some are severe cramping with more than usual tenderness in both breasts and abdomin and in some cases and my cycle may only last a day or two. This month however is much different, I got my period on a Friday with a heavy feeling in my abdomin with tenderness the usual but then on Saturday I noticed my period stopped without warning then Monday I began getting cramps in my entire lower abdomin moving to the left side. It almost felt as though I was getting another period but I didn t. Now it is Thursday and I still have the cramps sometimes sharp ( stabbing like) other times continuously dull. I do have cluster cysts on my overies that normally cause me to have pain during my cycle but never after like this. What could the cause be?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  9 Awaiting Answer