Unusual period, thick blood, blood clots. Should I be worried?

I just finished an unusual period. I am 37 years old, I weigh 250lbs à 5 5 . My husband had a vasectomy almost a year ago, pregnancy is not an option. I have 2 sons, born in the summer of 2008 & 2010, I had 2 miscarriages before that in the winter of 2004 & 2006. The last month has been very stressful at work (emotionally & work load) & my chronic back pain was worst it has ever been. I am used to heavy period, with lots of clots, small & big, during the first 2 days. My period last 3 or 4 days. My cycle is regular every 31 days. This month I started 1 day early, Day one, my period was very thin, I had been taking Rabaxisal, I assumed this was the reason. Day two, still thin, but much much heavier than usual. Mid day of day two, I wipe myself and there is a huge blood clot on the tissue . I was surprised because it is the first time a clot remained. Also it was very thick/mushy (like blood sausage) & not slimmy/bubbly like usual. I debated keeping to show a doctor (I don t have a family doctor), but in the end I dropped in the toilet. When I got up, I noted there was more in the toilet. The one on the tissue was a sphere of about 1/2 diameter. The one in the toilet was more than an inch in diameter. I had a few small normal blood clots after that. Day three was more like a spoting period, not clots, and only lasted half a day. Much much much lighter than a usual day 3. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012