Unstable sleep pattern due to over thinking. Cause of symptoms?

Okay, I tend to over think and this prevents a regular sleep pattern, right now I am more curious to find out if there is a word that describes these symptoms. I would also like to know some techniques to over come it, I m doing a CBT course and though it helps, to an extent with the anxiety in the day, my sleep pattern is still worryingly unstable which makes the anxiety harder to deal with, it just seams like a vicious cycle right now! I ve tried getting up after 20 mins if I m still not asleep and doing something boring, but I just keep going to bed and feeling more awake again.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013