Unprotected sex, spotted brown colour mucus, achy breasts. Average cycle length is 27 days. Could this be implantation bleeding after ovulation?

hi i had my period on 15 th july-20th july. On the 22nd july (cycle day 8) i had unprotected intercourse with my husband twice, one time of which was more early hours of monday morning. On 27th july i began spotting a light flow, dark reddy brown colour with stringy mucus . This lasted 6 days until the 1st aug. I now have very achy breasts. My average cycle length is 27 days long. Could i be experiencing implantation bleeding after ovulation or could it be ovulation bleeding that has lasted 6 days? I do smoke and have not used birth control for over 18 months. Thankyou.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012