Unprotected sex, sharp needle pain on back, cramps, appetite increased, e.p.t negative. Suggestions?

Hi, my friend thinks she's pregnant. She's been close to 2 weeks late for her period. She's had unprotected sex twice. And she's constantly getting sharp needle pains in her lower back and cramps daily. *she only gets cramps the DAY OF her period*. Her appetite has increased and so has the use of the restroom. But she took 2 e.p.t and they both came out negative. Do you have any suggestions on what it could be? Or do you think she is pregnant?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Mar 2016

Late conception has to be ruled out by one blood test for beta-hCG if she took 2 pregnancy tests in very early weeks.

Other possibilities are PMS, pelvic or urinary infection, endometriosis etc. Here, I suggest to undergo one pelvic USG scan and urine test - routine & culture to pinpoint the diagnosis. Kindly, consult with her doctor for proper examination.

In the mean time, she must take balanced diet, drink plenty water, keep bowel habit regular, take some anti-spasmodic medication (drotaverine) and apply muscle relaxant gel on the back/ take hot compression. Good luck.