Unprotected sex post periods, increased appetite, heartburn. Pregnancy or side effects of ECP?

Hi, I had my period july 2nd and then had sex after but didn t think i could be pregnant. Just had unprotected sex on july 21st and took unwanted 72[ecp in ] on the 22nd. Now thinking back.. what if I was already pregnant from the earlier sex? Will this affect the fetus? The reason I think I might be pregnant is cause I m having incredible urge to eat and heartburn ..
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Many individuals have consumed medications that can potentially harm the fetus without knowing they were pregnant and have gone on to deliver a healthy child. But ofcourse, the risk of possible hinderance to the growth and development of the fetus does exist.

I would recommend a home pregnancy test to be conducted on the second day of a missed period or 2 weeks after the suspected date of conception using an early morning urine sample. If at all pregnancy is confirmed, please meet your doctor for further, more elaborate discussion.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.