Unprotected sex, no ECP taken. On Orthotricyclen birth control, missed pills, had diarrhea, vomiting. Birth control still effective?

I ve been on Orthotricyclen for 4 months now. This beginning of this month s pack I missed the first 3 days and had a terrible stomach virus throughout the next week and a half. I had severe diaherra and vomiting and didn t know this would have an adverse effect on my birth control . I unprotected sex with my husband a few times and didn t use a back up plan. I wanted to know how much of a risk of pregnancy I have? Or does Orthotricyclen stay in your system?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Mar 2013
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Yes, diarrhoea and vomiting would reduce the efficacy of the birth control.
Please take a pregnancy test if you skip your period.