Unprotected sex, large boil on penis near pubic area, peeling skin, irritation. Serious symptoms?

HI my name is XXXXX, and i have recently noticed a large, red, boil looking bump on the center end of my penis . not the tip but the end right before my pubic area. its very pink and shiny. it is soft and become very painful.the outer part of it seem to shred/peel skin. but was painless at first. it has no fluid and its very irritating. i recently had unprotected sex with my usual partner and nothing like this has ever happened. i have gotten very frustrated and irritated and need to know if this is something serious and can it be cured.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012