Unprotected sex, itchiness in vagina, redness, burning on urination. Symptoms of UTI?

Hi I had unprotected sex over a week ago. Since then I ve been very itchy and sore in my vagina . My labia s very sore and red. It burns when I pee and I feel like I want to go all the time. I m also experiencing hot flashes and chills and my throat feels all closed up. I went to the walk in centre yesterday and was diagnosed with uti and give a course do antibiotics for 3 days. I feel these are making all the symptoms worse. Is there something else that could be the problem or you think it s all connected to the uti?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012