Unprotected sex, delayed periods, itching and burning sensation, pregnancy?

Hi.. My wife is 23 years of age.. We had an intercourse without using protection but with withdrawl exactly a week ago and her last periods date was 17-4-12 and today is the same but until now no sign of periods as yet.. But she is having an itching and sometimes burning.. We donot want pregnancy at this moment.. What are the possible causes of burning, Itching? And can we do something to avoid pregnancy at this stage.. Thanks..
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012