Unprotected sex, dark brown discharge, red blood. Taken unwanted 72. Causes for symptoms?

My periods started on Monday (last week) and finished on thursday and i did not take any precaution on thurs and therefore took unwanted 72 on sat. I go to the gym reguarly. Yesterday nite I had spotting(dark brown) and now it is changed to blood red with some thick dark brown discharge . I have pain on my lower body but since i run and do weight training I don t know what is the cause of pAin.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
May 2013
Usually ovulation will not occur during first 4 to 5 days of menstrual cycle in case of regular periods.
So no need to take emergency pill.
Anyhow as you took the pill, that may be possibly responsible for your symptoms.
Emergency pill can lead to side effects like intermenstrual spotting, altering the menstrual cycles, pain abdomen etc.
So as you took the pill in the first half of the cycle, it might have preponed your periods.
Possibly these symptoms will subside soon.
And your cycles may regularize in future.
Now you can go for symptomatic treatment with your doctor's advice.
Better to avoid repeated intake of emergency pills.