Unprotected sex, blood clots from vagina, light bleeding during periods. Implantation bleeding?

Had unprotected sex a day after my last period. I am now 3 days late and started cramping and went to the bathroom and blood clots came out (definitely not in my urine , i checked). That usually happens during my periods however this time there is no bleeding on my pad, only happens when I go to the bathroom, but a lot at once. I thought maybe it was implantation bleeding but I took a pregnancy test twice and both times came up negative. Not sure why my bleeding is like this because usually my periods are heavy. I was working long hours and in the past month am no longer working so I thought maybe it was just my body adjusting, however, i am unsure.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
As you mentioned in the query that sex was done a day after last period .
So there is no chance of pregnancy or no implantation bleeding.
1 This is irregular bleeding or may be dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
Diagnosis can be confirmed by ultrasound of uterus and both ovaries to rule out any cyst or fibroid.
2 Hormonal imbalance may be the one such reason.Diagnosis can be confirmed by estimation of estrogen, androgen, FSH/LH ratio.
3 Tension or stress may be the next reason due to adjustment for new work or place.
In my opinion consult a gynecologist and get his opinion.
Good luck. Dr. HET