Unprotected sex. On birth control injections. History of abortion. When will periods resume?

Hi I m actually from XXXX, I just wanted to know when exactly will I get my periods? I had two shots of the three month injection and I,ve been having intercourse without protection. How long does it take for the injection took work? Did it work out already, because I was suppose to go for my third shot in june but I never went and I had a stillborn 11 months ago. Please help
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Thanks for query,
It starts working immediately if it is given within first 5 days of your period.
The long acting progestrone injection stop your ovulation so no periods if you have no ovulation.
You have no periods till it has it's effect.