Unprotected Sex, taking Postinor-2, delayed periods, pregnancy test negative. What should I do?

gudafternoon, am in relationship in which my guy prefers row sex to protected sex, as a result i use postinor-2 anytime we have sex.Am expecting my messes which i haven t seen yet, took a pregnancy test but it was negative. But then yesternight we had another wonderful time which i had to take a postinor again what can i do to get my messes because the symptom is just making me sick. Millicent
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for posting to HCM
Do ultrasound. Wish you for good health.
Wait for cycles.

Dr. Sharmila
Homeopath Dr. C. J. Varghese's  Response
Hello friend,
Thank you for posting your query through Healthcare magic.
Pestinor 2 is an emergency contraceptive drug to be taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex. The sooner you take after sex, more effective it will be to prevent pregnancy. In no case it may be taken after 72 hours after sex for guaranteed protection.
Its content is progestagen, levonorgestrel and behaves like natural female hormone progesteron .
From your query I understand that you have the habit of taking it every time you have sex. It is not good because you have to wait till you get your period after taking it once.
Either you should abstain from sex after taking it once till you get your next period or use other contraceptive methods like condom or other spermicides. Since you have sex very often, you have to select other methods of contraception for permanent protection.
Pestinor 2 contains 2 tablets and for effective contraceptive action, the second tablet should be taken exactly 12 hours after the first tablet.
Since these tablets contain hormones, your menses may not come regularly. Even though you are not pregnant your body gets artificial hormones of pregnancy through the tablets and therefore you will not get menses until the body settles it after some time. If you go on taking pestinor 2 every time you have sex, it will be more difficult to bring back your hormonal harmony and a regular and normal period may not occur. At the same time you will experience the same sort of sickness as if you were pregnant.
Therefore you have to stop taking pestinor 2 any more till you get your regular period.
With Best Wishes,
Dr C. J. Varghese,