Unpleasant smell in the nose and metallic taste in the mouth after septoplasty. Had taken antibiotics and used a nasal douche. Advice?

Hi, I had sinus surgery 4 weeks ago, Septoplasty , reduction of enlarged turbinates and endoscopic sinus surgery to unblock chronically blocked maxilliary sinuses. My recovery has gone well but about 2-3 days ago I ve started with the sensation of a strange unpleasant smell in and metallic bad taste in my mouth. I thought there was a strange smell coming through the air con in my office but no-one else could smell it. Now I am sensing the same smell at home. I had a 5 day course of anti-biotics post surgery and have been using a nasal douche 4x a day since surgery as advised. My follow-up visit with my ENT surgeon was 5 days ago and all seemed well then. Any advice would be appreciated.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012