Unnoticed fracture during childhood, operated with steel rod, now rod has broken, advised bone grafting. Will it help?

Dear Doc. My niece had a very small and almost unnoticable fracture t the age of one. it went unnoticed for a year or so. the fracture gap increased and she could not walk. She is sisteen now. Doc. operated and put a steel road. she could walk with the support, but now the situation is worse, steel road is broken. Doc. suggested bone crafting - illizaro. can you tell me whether it will be useful or not ? will it work, as Doc said bone will grow. please guide me
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012