Unknowingly applied mintop 5% to the unaffected area. Will it cause any side effect?

Hi my name is Abhijeet from mumbai. one of the doctors had rcommeneded me mentop 5% as so far i have been using for 4 months..results are good, but my concern is that i have been applying to the affected areas and also the non affected areas. ( lack of awareness), will it cause any side effect on my remaining her becasue i was applying it to non affected areas. I have discontinued the same and apply only in the affected areas. Please let me know asap. I am worried about it.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012
Not at continue to apply minoxidil on whole scalp, I do not think that you will get side effect on unaffected part. The side effect of minoxidil is irritation in some patients. But it may occur in any where on scalp,affected or nonaffected area. .. So,do not continue to apply minoxidil. I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD