Unilateral lymph node swelling behind ear, severe pain, non-reactive HIV test. Any ideas?

For the past 3 weeks I have had unilateral lymph node swelling behind my right ear without pain. 3 days ago they became sore, now they are really painful, swollen & unmovable. The swelling extends out to mid cheek. I did not have a sore throat , earache, or tooth pain prior to the swollen lymph nodes but I had a cold more than a month ago. I m married and I last had an HIV test in June that was nonreactive. I get a test each year. My spouse s last test was more than 2 years ago. What do you think?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012