Unhealed wound with increasing tenderness, ankle soreness, difficulty in walking after a cut on shaving with razor. Sign of staph?

My girlfriend shaved her legs the other day with a new razor on a trip to dc and cut herself just above the ankle. Several days have past now and it is sore all around the cut and red. She has been cleaning it with soap and water everyday and not shaving over the cut part. We placed some antibiotic ointment on it and a light covering but it is just getting more tender. She is now sayin that the entire ankle is sore and it is painful to walk. Could it be staph? There are not any real clear pustules. Or is there a possibility of a fungal infection?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012