Hello and welcome,
It seems that there has been wound gaping and hence the delayed healing. If the doctor says it is not possible to take stitches there, they will heal slowly.
There are some measures to promote healing:
1. get a wound swab tested from the site and see if there is any infection. if there is infection she will need antibiotics that will be prescribed by your doctor.
2. Keep the area clean and dry by a daily bath and cleaning it with warm water containing antiseptic solution every time after passing urine or motions.
3. pat it dry after every clean.
4. Wash undergarments with hot water
5. Apply neosporing powder on the site at night and leave it open to air
6. Apply placentrex
ointment during the day after bath and in the noon time.
7. Use of drugs like serratiopeptidase
once or twice a day will help to decrease swelling and inflammation and can be had after prescription from your doctor.
Try not to sit in squatting position or sit with folded legs.
Always sit with legs put straight in the front or with straight legs so that the wound will not gape further.
This will take 7-14 days for the wound to heal completely if there is no infection. Do not worry. It will heal.
Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist