Unexplained bruise on calf, around ankle. Cyst found in blood work. Can it cause bruising?

I have a huge unexplained bruise on the whole back of my calf about the size of a cantaloupe with smaller bruising around the ankle in several spots. went to E.R. and was told no blood clots and blood work showed no major diseases. They did find a cyst and told me to follow up with my primary. Would a cyst cause the bruising. I had no major fall or accident or anything`it just appeared out of the blue. Should I be concerned and follow up or just let the bruise heal on its own?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013