Underwent trauma, cut in the head, blood coming through the nose while blowing. What could this be?

Hi, I had an accident on tuesday were I came out fairy unscathed after being launched out of a buggy. I was flung into the air and only sustained a cut to the head after rolling down the hill. I have a slight case of whiplash and the gash is healing , but I also have some blood coming out whenever I blow my nose . Could you tell me why? I can imagine it s just a build up or my body trying to heal itself
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
HI THANKS FOR YOUR QUESTION
HOPE YOUR ARE SAFE NOW
BLEEDING FROM NOSTRIL MAY BE SECONDARY TO TRAUMA TO NOSE CAUSED DURING THE ACCIDENT. IF ITS SMALL AMOUNTS NOT A CAUSE FOR CONCERN. AS IF SHOULD HEAL AND BLEEDING SHOULD STOP. IF ITS BLEEDING MORE OR CONTINUOUS THEN ITS A CAUSE OF CONCERN AND BETTER TO TAKE A ENT SPECIALIST OPINION.