Underwent toe operation, pain, red bump in the same area. Could it be that the screw is rubbing my foot?

Hello DR, On the 4th February 2013, i had an op( Toe fusion). I have had a plate and screws put into my foot . My foot seems to be healing nice except for 2 problems... 1. An area where i have been stitched is very tight, it has pulled my big toe, so causes it to throb/ pins and needles...Even after stitches have been removed. 2. on the side of my big toe i keep awaking with a horrible pain.. when i have investigated this area it is very red, i can feel a little bump... it feels like a screw head... Could it be that the screw is rubbing my foot... similar to a blister? Could you please advise me... Many Thanks... Nancy.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013