Underwent kyphoplasty for lower back pain, advised radio frequency ablation, on lidoderm patches. Alternative?

my wife recently underwent kyphoplasty for fracture of L-5. The procedure was successful. The problem is pain lower in the back near SI joint on both sides. The doctors have suggested radio frequency ablation .We are very hesitant about this procedure. Currently My wife is using Lidoderm patches for pain. We have received a prescription from a compounding pharmacy which is a transdermal pain lotion consisting of the following medications: Ketamine ,Bupivacaine,Diclofenac, Doxepin , Gabapentin and Orphenadrine. These things seem to to help. The lidocaine appears to be the most effective. Does my wife have any alternatives? Thanx Much: Bernie
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  116 Awaiting Answer