Underwent bilateral salpingectomy due to salphingitis. Had pain and period. Are my symptoms normal post recovery?

Hi, I underwent a bilateral salpingectomy on the 6th of July due to Salpingitis. 2 weeks after the operation I had a very painful, heavy period. I am now due my next period in the next few days, but my whole pattern of bleeding has changed since the operation. I am having what I can only describe as Mucusy spotting so far. Before both periods I have also had an extreme soreness and itching (the first period I thought that I had thrush and treated myself for it, but it seems to have appeared now also in the lead up to this months period) I am also still getting pains and twinges around the ovaries/womb. What I wanted to ask was what is the recovery period after this type of surgery and also, are the symptoms that I am experiencing a normal response after such surgery? Thank you for you help... Miss O
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012