Underwent Embryo Transfer. Had slight bleeding. Why? What does the HCG tell?

My wife underwent Embryo Transfer on 16.8.12 and on 24.8.12 she had slight bleeding . Immediately Dr immediately gave her Ethamsylate 1000 mg her bledding stopped totally and when we Bet Hcg after 14 days it was 43 and after two days we took it was 54 . After third week we did HCG 194 and closer to 28 days we did Beta hcg it was 414. Kindly tell us whether my wife is pregnant or not. Does Ethamsylate have any side effects . Sender N.Ravichandran.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012