Underweight, on the lower side of normal BMI. No improvement with nutrition supplements, had gain while on contraceptives. Can I get these prescribed?

Hello Doctor, I am so depressed about my weight that I am contemplating taking ciplactin or periactin for a few months to gain weight and give me a kick so that I can maintain my weight from there. I am unbelievably unhappy about my appearance and when I was on the contraceptive pill it helped increase my appetite i gained a bit of weight and felt so much happier about myself but now I am off the pill as I don t need to use it for that purpose. Nobody understands how much this is effecting me, nutrition supplements do not help and I have no appetite to help me change things myself however I am at on the lowest side of the normal range for my BMI so I doubt that my GP will prescribe this to me. How can I get him to prescribe me this medicine? Is it dangerous to use for more than a few months? I am aware what it is used for as I have researched the product. Hoping to hear from you soon. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012