Undergone total hip replacement surgery for avascular necrosis, scheduled for another. Should I totally abstain from alcohol?

Hello, about two months ago, I had a Total Hip Replacement (Anthroplasty) for (AVN) Avascular Necrosis . Prior to surgery, I was told NOT to drink ANY ALCOHOL, or even AFTER SURGERY. Also, I m in the process of having a second Total Hip Replacement on my left hip, about another year. Shall I ABSTAIN COMPLETELY FROM ALCOHOL? How will alcohol affect my surgery, as well as my left hip in need of a THR? Thank you, Justme
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012