Undergone surgery for tubercular lymphadentis, scars around lymph nodes. What could be done to remove scars?

Dear doctor,
I am a 23 year-old male.
I was suffering from tubercular lymphadenitis about a year ago and subsequently underwent anti-tubercular treatment for that. Now, the course of the treatment is over, but a brown-black scar still remains around my lymph-nodes just above my left collar-bone. I would like to know if there is a way to get rid of the scar or at least lessen it's visibility. Plastic surgery is a no for me. What I am interested to know is if I am allowed to apply any kind of fairness cream on the scar - like the ones commonly available in the market. Or is there some kind of medical ointment available for the same purpose?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013