Undergone knee surgery, got a lump inside left thigh. Leg bruised. What could this be?

I had knee surgery two weeks ago but on the third day after surgery I got a hard quarter size lump on the inside of my left thigh and it is bruised but I have gone to my family doctor and my surgeon and although they say it s not a blood clot they aren t sure what it is. Yes when you touch it it is tender and the knot seems to have moved down and has bruised my leg again although the first bruise is still not gone.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012