Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
As per your symptoms , I suspect Lumbar disc disease
in you. Propably a protruded disc might be causing pressure over the nerve root
producing pain down the leg.
scan is mandatory to diagnose the problem. In the meantime follow these measures -
* avoid lifting heavy weights as it imparts more strain on your back
* avoid forward bending activities as it will worsen the disc protrusion
* Use a lumbosacral back support to augment your spinal muscles
* Intermittent pelvic traction to cause a regression of disc
* Maintain optimum body weight,if you are obese
to strengthen your back muscles. Physiotherapy has to be done only after the acute pain has subsided.
* Judicious use of analgesics and muscle relaxants or as advised by your treating doctor
Hope this information is helpful. Good day