Undergone for I V F. On taking Gestone, extreme pain in buttock. Suitable measures?

Doctor, My wife is recently undergone for I V F freez embryo transfer & today is 10 days. She is on Gestone 2 ml IM injection once a day in buttock alternate day, But the problem is that she is feeling more pain after injection. Though I know that it is Oil based injection. After injection I m applying Heparin Ointment locally following Cold Compress and if the pain persist I m even applying Hot fermentation. But Her pain complain is increasing every day. and now she is feeling uncomfortable. Please suggest me.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Cold compresses are the best way to relieve the pain,these injections are painful,but necessary. What can be done is change the site of injections everytime,but on the buttocks only and that too on upper and outer quadrent only. Don't worry she will be fine,take care.