Undergone chemotherapy and radiation for colo rectal cancer. Having frequent bowel movement, gastric. Any suggestion?

Hi my mom has colo rectal cancer and she has undergone chemotherapy and radiation 9 weeks before. the date of surgery is on 12 th july. But now though we are waiting for the surgery date but my mom is facing gas formation issue , regarding stool passing : in aday she goes to the loo 5- 6 times but works only 2-3 times,...though she passes the gas / burps and all goes fine but still gas remains...might be the formation is high as compare to the passage....what you all suggest?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012