Undergone bypass surgery. Have rapid heart rate. Stable blood pressure

My mother ,aged 65 yrs has undergone bypass surgery on 24th Jan. In the first 2 days in ICU everything was normal . From the 3rd day, rapid heart rate in the range of 130-150 pulse per minute is displayed at the monitor mounted just beside her bed. The surgeon is trying medicine but till now of no use as the it keeps on coming down and up again and not settling . Her Blood pressure is stable.Most of the time she is sleeping. This is concerning for me as visitor . Regards , Ashish
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013