Undergone ankle replacement surgery after accident. Bump has appeared on fibule. What is it?

Hey!

Back in July I was in a terrible car wreck and shattered my ankle. After undergoing surgery the surgeon replaced my ankle with a cadaver ankle and a metal plate and screws. Recently I have been experiencing a lot of problems with my fibula and over the last couple days a knot/bump has began to form about six inches from my ankle (on my fibula) where the metal plate is located. I was wondering what the bump is and where it is from?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Nov 2013