Undergoing thyroid treatment, have severe hair fall. Tests showed elevated TSH. Should I change eltroxin dosage ?

I am 36 years old female. I am under thyroid treatment since past 8 years. I am taking eltroxin 100mcg as prescribed by my doctor. but now suddenly my hair started falling a lot and when I have gone for T3, T4, TSH test it shows normal T3 and T4 values but my TSH is showing as 17.34 level. Do i need to change the dosage of my eltroxin. P.S. before going for this test, I,ve stopped taking eltroxin before 10 days. so that it wont have traces of my medicine.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012