Undergoing menopause, have continuous heavy flow. Pelvic and vaginal ultrasound showed thick endometrium, ovarian cyst. What could it be?

I have had abnormal cycles for over a year, was told I an going through menopause , but my current cycle has been going on since last week of April, extremely heavy except for last couple of weeks when it comes and goes. Have a pelvic and vagina US done findings are : Uterus 10.1 x 7.9 x 7.4 cm. Endometrial stripe markedly thickened and approx 20 mm. Right ovary 2.9 x 2.0 x 1.9 cm. Left 2.1 x 2.1 x 1.8 cm. A small right ovarian cyst 1.3 cm. Have biopsy scheduled tomorrow. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012