Undergoing embryo transfer, have dark spotting, scheduled for hcg test. What is the cause?

Hello, I ve just logged on to see if there was any information regarding bleeding; I m at day 18 post embryo transfer - I noticed a small amount of blood yesterday morning but nothing else until this morning. This mornings spotting looked darker. Today I was supposed to have my first hCG test however it is a public holiday and no clinics are open. I m not sure what could be going on - I should not have any bleeding at this stage should I? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012