Undergoing chemotherapy. Prescribed steroids to increase appetite, gain weight. Sweating a lot. Side effects?

My brother is having chemotherapy for lung cancer and has been prescribed steroids to increase his appetite to help him gain weight, which seems to be working. However, he is also having between 4 and 6 ensure drinks every day, as well as his meals and he is also sweating a lot everyday. Could that be a side effect of the chemo therapy or could he be overdoing the ensure drinks? I am aware that sometimes people overdo it with their vitamin and mineral supplements and wondered if that could be possible with these drinks. Thanks C Campbell
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013