Undergoing IVF cycle. Taking progesterone injections, hip and buttock numbness. Nerve injury?

Hi, I am going through an IVF cycle. I am having daily progesterone (in sesame oil ) IM injections . Two days ago, after the shot, a large area (size of my hand ) on my left hip/buttock area became numb to the touch. It is like it fell asleep. The numbness appears to be only at the surface. Since then, the numbness has not lessened. I am guessing we may have hit a nerve. What should I do to help it recover? How long will it take? Thanks!
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012