Underactive thyroid. Stressed, heavy, painful periods. On birth control pills. How to get relief?

Hi Im on the pill and still have over 2 weeks left to go bfore my week long break. I have been very stressed for quite a while now but it has peaked as ive been looking after 6 kids for the last 2 weeks ..however the problem is that my period has started and is very heavy and painful this ok ? should i stop the pill and take my weeks break or just keep taking it ? Im very confused Im 29 with 1 8 yr old child,I have an underactive thyroid but other than that im healthy . Many thanks x
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012