Underactive thyroid. Quit smoking. Itchy thighs, lumps on knee & thigh,weight gain. Side effect?

I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid about 1 year ago after suffering a number of weird and wonderful symptoms, however since then I have developed extremely itchy inner thighs which drive me insane, the skin doesn't appear to be dry and there was no rash, lumps, bumps or spots until last week when 3 lumps appeared towards the knee area on one thigh and one lump on the other thigh. I gave up smoking along with my partner some 12 months prior to being diagnosed as hyperthyroidic and he has a very itchy back that his doctor said is a side effect of giving up smoking and may never go away. My inner thighs started randomly itching quite some time after I quit smoking so I don't think it's that. I have also put on about 2 stone in weight over the time I stopped smoking and I tend to wear leggings or tights most of the time and wonder if it's just lack of air or always wearing clothing which is tight when once I would have worn trousers or jeans.

Any thoughts ???

Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013