Under treatment for dilated cardiomyopathy, feel pressure, throbbing in head and arm pain on standing, clears within minutes. What is the cause?

I have Dialated Cardio Myopathy , I am under the care of a Cardiologist . The last 4 months when I stand, I get pressure and throbbing in my head and right arm pain. It takes a few minutes for it to clear up after I have been standing. I don t get dizzy. Not sure what this new symptom seems to be. I will discuss with my Cardiologist as well at my next visit.
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello! After having thoroughly reviewing your problem, I would like to suggest you that
1) Your symptoms of pressure in the head & throbbing associated with right arm pain may be due to either the medications ( vasodilators, nitrates, CEI, ARBs, Diuretics ) or orthostatic hypotension attributed to the cardiac disease causing dilated cardiomyopathy like aortic regurgitation, IHD learning to reduced diastolic function. So, you need not worry about the symptoms.
2) But, as you must be already aware about poor prognosis of dilated cardiomyopathy, I would suggest to continue the medications & have a regular follow up with your cardiologist.
Thanks & take care of yourselves!