Under severe stress, started self harming with hitting xiphoid, have dull pain on breathing, discomfort with tenderness. Have I damaged or detached the xiphoid process?

hi. I am under an extreme amount of stress , quit my high paying job due to a breakdown , now I can t find a job, working in the mall (with an MBA) and am running out of money. I am so stressed that I have started self harming and really have never done it before. I am 38 years and one night I hit my xiphoid process with a blunt object. I have a dull pain when I even take a medium deep breath. There is tenderness there and discomfort. I had open heart surgery years ago for a heart defect and so I had a sternotomy. I am going to see my doctor regarding my antianxiety meds and I am in therapy to help me but should I seek help for the possible xiphoid process damage or detachment.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012