Under depression, has thrush, pain during erection, piles, anxiety. Is bowels, sexual organs linked to sex?

Hello, my boyfriend (white british mid 40 s in average shape) has been under alot of stress through a failed marriage in India (which was only for a short time) leading to Dowry law blackmail and corruption, he became ill after being poisoned with the water in Bangalor and he had been there for 1.5 years and before leaving had contracted violent e-coli and bronchitis . He was a highly successful executive and had resigned before leaving, but now faces the loss of his home in Germany and is out of work. He went to live in Greece with his mother and came back to the UK in September when we met. He is searching for work and has been up and down with depression as a result of the shock of what has happened over the past year. He has been to the GUM clinic and tests have only revealed thrush which he has had since mid-November (I also have been treated for this and tested). He has virtually no sex life and when erect it is very painful as though the tube is inflamed. He has had this before in the past through stress and it cleared up by itself. He also is suffering from piles and an upset stomach and some anxiety at times. He is allergic to ibuprofen although has had something in the past instead as an anti-inflammatory which helped. His mind is quite balanced and we talk alot about what has happened to him in India - so I suppose our question is can the bowel, sexual organs, stomach be linked through stress and is there anything we can do? We are about to start meditating together and deep breathing exercises should help but although he has a libido, the pain is also disheartening for him. Thankyou
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013