Under active thyroid, right sided swelling, goitre. Blood tests done, prescribed thyroxin. How does my condition affect skin, weight, temperament?

Hello, My question is a general one. I have an underactive thyroid condition with a slight right sided swelling ( goitre ) and i currently have twelve monthly blood checks. My prescription is 100 mg thyroxin daily. I am 76 years in September and would like to learn more about the condition, how it affects skin, weight, & temperament etc., and what can i do ( diet wise ) to make improvements to my health ?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012